Followers

8/6/11

Conditionals

You can find a complete explaination of conditionals in English at Englishlanguageguide.com.

Here's a small part of what they offer

Structure of Conditional Sentences
The Zero Conditional is used for actions that are always true when the conditions are satisfied. The structure of the conditionals is straightforward. There are two basic possibilities in terms of order in the sentence:

IFConditionResult
Ifit rains,we will get wet

ResultIFCondition
we will get wetIfit rains,

* Notice that we only use a comma in the first example.

Conditionals: Time and Probability Table

ProbabilityConditionalExampleTime
Certainzero conditionalIf you heat water to 100 degrees celsius, it boilsany time
Likelyfirst conditionalIf it rains, I will stay in.future
Unlikelysecond conditionalIf I won the lottery, I would retire.future
Impossiblesecond conditionalIf I had the money, I would lend it to youpresent
Impossiblethird conditionalIf I had seen him, I would have given him the message.past

No comments:

Post a Comment